SUSTAINABILITY IN STEEL
BIG CARBON SAVINGS
REDUCED LEAD TIME
REDUCED MATERIAL COSTS
Cost effective, value engineering solutions
We are committed to working with our clients to offer a sustainable solution.
We look at:
The CST business model has synergies with the circular economy principles, offering clients full benefits associated with reuse of unused & surplus material.
Big Carbon Savings
CST can contribute towards the reduction of the carbon impact of your project. The majority of our pipe is sourced as oil field surplus production. Re-purposing this pipe offers your project a reduction carbon footprint and it can be incorporated even within the BREEAM assessment for larger scope projects.
Reduced Lead Times
We understand current market needs and the urgency at times to obtain material locally and Just-In-Time to accomplish tight time schedules. We hold large stocks – 65,000T on our grounds in Dalton, North Yorkshire that are available for immediate sale.
Reduced Material Costs
Surplus pipe is available at a competitive rate compared to prime pipe, offering our clients a cost effective, value engineering solution.
Talk to us!
“Yes” – Our Non Prime range can comply with current regulations:
- Material can be individually tested (size, chemical & mechanical properties). Results being equivalent to a 3.1 cert;
- Individual testing can exceed a prime certification regime;
- 100% Traceability – Each of our pipes are uniquely identified and can be tested as such – mills only batch/ hand mark;
- There is a workable conversion of grades between Structural Steel and API Pressure material.
- Reuse is almost 100% carbon saving vs New and Recycled material.